Factotum envision and design the future by creating disruptive services, engaging experiences and advanced digital solutions for the world’s leading corporations.
Founded by Peter Fossick, Factotum is a collective that specialises in user research, analysis and insights, service design, user experience design and strategy. We use design thinking, business science and data analytics to create award winning customer-centric services.
Factotum have extensive sector experience in banking and finance, e-commerce, online gambling and entertainment, news and media education, e-learning, e-government, health, automotive, telecoms and the internet-of-things (IoT). To see Examples of our work please take a look here.
We are in an era of intense and sustained disruption where digital transformation is driving innovation in the service-product continuum and threatening established companies and their traditional business models.
To have a future companies have to re-imagine their own business or fall behind as they miss new opportunities.
Today, the innovation landscape is being dominated by visionary companies that re-invent themselves by disrupting their own established models.
Factotum use lean UX, service design and data informed strategies coupled with agile development approaches to collaborate with clients to identify new opportunities that deliver disruptive service innovation.
We have a wide range of experience working in the UK, EU, UAE, USA, China and Australia working with Fortune 500 corporations and start-ups. For details please take a moment to check out our project experience.
3 Service Design Tips
- Designing services from the customers’ viewpoint and with an understanding of their needs, wants and desires creates better customer experiences.
- Working with customers throughout the design process creates insights that improve engagement with your service.
- Experience that are engaging and exceed expectations affects user behaviours including adoption, conversion, advocacy and defection from competitor services.
Service Design and UX News
- TEDx Reset – Why Robots Need To Dream - Peter Fossick, of Factotum was recently invited to talk at TEDx Reset about ‘Why Robots Need to Dream’. We’ve posted a link to the video here, in which Peter talks about the selling of technology of Utopian futures that often have social, economic and cultural impacts that favour the few while penalising not only the … Continue reading TEDx Reset – Why Robots Need To Dream
- DevOps meet DesignOps - Factotum’s Pete Fossick recently spoke at the Service Design Global Conference in Madrid where he discussed service design, agility and the emergent field of design operations (DesignOps or DesOps) and how they are part Design 4.0 – an emerging approach to designing for Industry 4.0. A brief history of design… Design 1.0 was paper and … Continue reading DevOps meet DesignOps
- Factotum’s Pete Fossick Talks ‘Service Design’ - In the latest issue of Touchpoint, Editor-in-Chief Jesse Grimes caught up with me to learn about the opportunities afforded to me as a service designer and to hear my thoughts on where service design education should be heading. As the Service Design Program Director at IBM and the founder of the IXSD Academy in London, … Continue reading Factotum’s Pete Fossick Talks ‘Service Design’